Back to lessons today after being out of town yesterday. Prayers and readings for St. Teresa of Avila, St. Margaret Mary Alacoque and St. Gerard Majella!!
Presentation: Extension for Red Rods, and also Red and Blue Rods!!
- Addition Strip Board – Seamus
- Red and Blue Rods – Seamus
- Red Rods – Sean-Paul
- Math – new lesson on computer and worked problems
- Latin – review for lessons 16-20 1st page
- Grammar – prepositions, then vocab work with me
- Math – new lesson on computer and lesson practice
- Latin – review of lessons 20-25 1st page
- Grammar – Spelling, oral with me and some copywork
Rest of the day is a bit fuzzy, catching up on laundry and email, blogging.
Good Casserole from Whole Foods for the Whole Family, everyone loved it!!
Now it’s Matthias’s turn to be sick 😦 Back to bed for him. Usual prayers, and devotions for St. Jospeh.
- Snake Game: we worked several ways to make tens and our snakes, he loves it!!
- Australia Puzzle Map with arrows, located the oceans and showed him N, S, E, W directional arrows and how they go. He then worked the puzzle himself without the arrows.
- Presented Constructive Triangles Box 1 to Violet, then she drew her own Quadrilaterals and labeled
- Latin CD – chants and review of lesson
- Grammar – Day 2, pre-writing picture narration w/me
- History – timeline work with me
- worked on his colored bead-stair tray with me during Seamus’s Snake Game time
- coloring activity
The rest of the day was pretty low-key and Violet lovingly worked with Seamus on several fun activities that she has put together for him, more on this later…for today:
- Played First Four Games – Sausage game 🙂
- clothes wshing activity
- Go-Fish game
Violet had Ballet and I drove both ways while daddy fixed dinner and watched the boys on either side of my drive. We had a nice dinner scallops and salad when we got home 🙂 Thank God for husbands who can cook!!!
Morning Chores, Seamus feeling a little better after a really good night’s sleep 🙂 Set him up on the couch watching St. Bernadette and St. Patrick.
Prayers with other three, talked about the Apostles and the Virtues of Faith, Hope and Charity and how they relate to us as disciples of God.
Book sharing time:
- Matthias started by telling about our Pedro’s Journal reading yesterday, then shared some of his American Boys Handybook that he received as a gift from Violet for his b-day:)
- I went next and RA part of the first chapter of Robert Lous Stevenson’s Kidnapped
- Violet shared her recent chapters of Ides of April and then from some of her American Girls Handybook
We proceded with our regular morning routine:
- Math lesson,
- Latin – 2nd page translations and derivatives, Matthias didn’t get to his lesson today
- Geogrpahy – finished her France page
- Science- read BLOOD AND GUTS section on "Teeth"
Naptime: answered emails, boys played checkers, Violet did laundry, ironing and independent reading, then later she and I had tea and discussed Ides of April chapters 🙂
Prayers, decade of the Rosary – Presentation. RA – Columbus, great discussion and Seamus drew an awesome picture of Columbus’s ship on the ocean 🙂
- Math – computer lesson, then worked equations
- Latin – new lesson page 1 with me
- Grammar – new lesson, Week 4 Picture study
- History – read section in Kingfisher "Christianity" and began outlining work
- Bible History – wrote and illustrated narration of our Genesis lesson
- Math- computer lesson, equations and drilled facts
- Latin – new lesson, 1st page of last lesson of Prima Latina!!!
- Grammar – worked through a couple of Spelling pages, reviewed "ai" and "oi" and Apostrophe "s"
- RA two chapter of Pedro’s Journal with me and discussed, he likes it quite a bit so far 🙂
- Geography – finishing CO page
Seamus not feeling well, bummer, it’s his turn at the tummy bug, pooh 😦
- Wooden Fruit and Veggie Classification with me
- RA Noah’s Ark board book and he named all the animals
Lunch and nap, rest is a blur of towels and toilets…
Prayers and St. Francis RA – Canticle of the Sun by Fiona French, so beautiful!!
- Math – probablity lesson
- Latin – CD review and chants
- Grammar – finishe Lesson by reciting her poem "A Sea Song" beautifully, she then copied it in perfect cursive and illustrated it!
- Math- graphing lesson
- Goegrpahy – finished WA state page
- Grammar – Stories With A View – began first lesson in this lovely grammar book: it starts with a poetry study – "Tree’s" We went through the lesson together then he composed his own poem and drew a delightful picture of a Tree
- Science – completed his Physics narration on the keyboard, beautiful!
- Volcano making with plastina clay, he wanted to make one just for S-P 🙂
- Poetry – began learning the first two stanzas of The Turtle by Vachel Lindsay with Violet
- RA – with me The Hill of Fire, and after lunch The Titanic
Sean-Paul feeling better today 🙂 play clay with Seamus all morning and then outside playtime.
Afternoon work: History outlining with Violet!
Prayers and decade of the Rosary.
Got Violet and Matthias right into Math, each did their lesson on the computer and then followed with their practice lesson problems.
- Trinomial Cube, he made some excellent connections here thinking about this mathematically
- Trinaomial cube, she’s getting ready for this in the algebraic form soon 🙂
Seamus and Sean-Paul watched Very Hungry Caterpillar DVD while I worked with older kids. (Sean-Paul whiny, not a good sign.)
- Trinomial Cube
- monster math online and Dice rolling train addition online
Morning ended abruptly when poor little Sean-Paul threw-up all over the family room, bummer…
Everyone else was on their own for lunch while I helped him. He finally fell asleep and I set Matthias up at the computer working more on his Physics narration from yesterday.
Violet cut out the rest of the AG doll nightgown were working on.
Seamus watched Peter and the Wolf then had stories/RA time with sissy 🙂
Boys had 1/2 hour computer time together, fun hot wheels site.
Matthias finished lst two chapters of A Lion to A Guard Us and then outside bike time!
Sean-Paul, sweet boy snoozed the entire afternoon away and Violet and I started sewing the AG nightgown 🙂
Breakfast celebration, blogged about it here!
- Math – new lesson and drilled all facts
- Latin – 2nd page worked with me
- Grammar – worked on poem, oral grammar adjectives
- Math – new lesson and drilled facts
- Latin – 2nd page and recitation of Pater Noster
- Grammar – Thrush poem; oral with me
- Science – read another section in "Levers" and spent much time keyboarding part of his narration
Presentations- Knobbed Cylinder work/all four blocks presentation (blogged recently The Ultimate Challenge)
- worked block 3 of Knobbed Cylinders with me
- opening/closing activity
- bead stacker/sequencing
- shapes puzzle
Teatime today in honor of the Feast of the Guardian Angels. We tried making the "Angel Whispers" from Joanna Bogles A Book of Feasts and Seasons and they were a complete flop 😦 They tasted good, but stuck fast in the muffin cups and had to be carefully peeled so as not to leaveany paper to taste, yum! We had a beautiful discussion about all the references to Angel’s in scripture and everyone had a turn recounting their favorite story. Seamus chose "Daniel in the Lion’s Den" to RA as it has the Angel Gabriel in it 🙂 I also chose to read a story from my Little Saints Preschool Program about a little boy’s guardian angel and how his wings turn different colors when he’s helping his little charge be good. Everyone colored an angel page with all the different wing colors, Seamus especially loved this as it was his first time hearing this delightful little story!
Clean-up and afternoon chores, outside play.
Violet and I had an opportunity to work on and finish the AG nightcap! It’s adorable.
Chicken Curry and cucumber salad for dinner, always yummy!