OK, so it was a SNOW DAY today! Yes, you read that correctly. And we’re not the only ones suffering from a Spring that went as fast as it came, ahem…So we stayed IN and actually got quite a bit of schooling in today, Sean-Paul had an excellently LONG nap, and I drank two cups of tea and read all my posts for the Toddler Carnival Extraordinaire that is coming up on Friday! It’s going to be great!!
Here’s the daily run-down: Morning prayers, Saints reading from More Once Upon a Time Saints
- Math- Mental Math, drill subtraction and division, Read through new lesson and Lesson practice
- Latin-2nd page of lesson
- 1 Ch. of St. Elizabeth of Hungary, wrote out narration
- Grammar, orally with me
- Science/Nature: Finished up pages on Black Cricket and put in NB
- Independent reading: Mariel of Redwall
- Math-Drilled Division, Mental Math of new lesson, more mult/divison drill with mommy 9’s
- Latin-2nd page of lesson, recited first part of Pater Noster
- Read 1 Ch. of SOTW
- Narrated for his blog about his Pinewood Derby Race from Monday night, sent email and link to G & G!
- Independent reading: Mossflower
- Started with his new Melissa & Doug "See and Spell" He loves it!! This was WELL worth the $20! I only wish I would have bought it at the beginning of the year for him, but he’ll return to it again and again I’m sure!
- 2 pages in his Math wkbk
- Then we read our Seton Reader (1) and he practiced making some of his words with the See and Spell letters on the table: up, go, see, come, oh. He did great!!
- Started with a farm puzzle with me, then he played with his new big-green bouncey ball!
- Tried doing some fruit cutting with sissy, but that didn’t last very long.
- Back to the ball.
- Nursed with mommy.
- More ball playing.
- Music time and marching.
Snack time brought apples and cheese.
Lunchtime was soup and sands. Naptime for S.P. Computer time for me, reading for bigger two, and Seamus and I read his Beginner’s Bible, then he gave me a beautiful narration that I copied for his NB and then he worked on his picture for a little while. Afterwards he decided to do the back side boards of his new See and Spell, yeah!
Violet made Chocolate Chip cookies while I typed this out and finished my tea. Dinner prep before Ballet-moi! DH will drive tonight as it’s quite inclement out, still snowing!!!
We’ll finish Martha tonight with our favorite last chapter: Hogmanay Day!!! Lissa, what an awesome book you wrote!