Well, believe it or not, our little Sean-Paul slept like a baby all night, praise the good Lord!! He is doing remarkably well today and I’m the nervous Nellie trying to keep him from running around too much for fear he might bonk his poor head again, or worse yet, all and cut it open once more. Oh, the agony of a mother’s heart when her babies get hurt. Sure gives you a glimpse of the Blessed Mother and what she may have gone through at the Foot of the Cross. I can’t keep the image of my sweet toddler falling and striking that sweet head on the table out of my mind, it’ll a vision that will surely haunt me for some time to come. I’m just so thankful that it wasn’t any worse and that he’s his regular self today.
So here’s how school shaped up today, a good day considering my nerves were still a bit shaky…
Prayers and Footprint: "no TV" , Mass Readings and the Collect, St. John of God.
Got the older two started with their Math:
- Math-Saxon, she’s really rolling along nicely with her book now, we’ve scaled new mountain here and she’s got her confidence back, thanks to manipulatives and some Montessori Math thrown in for good measure! Finished up her lesson from yesterday and drilled Multiplication
- Latin-Upstairs w/CD, recited portion of the Ave Maria upon return
- Math-Miquon, more of the same from yesterday!
- Latin-upstairs w/CD, recited portion of Pater Noster
- H/W letter Y, Violet set up
- Beginner’s Bible reading with me: Noah’s Ark- and then dictated his narration, Beautiful and picture
Sean-Paul: Easter Eggs with egg carton
Snacktime: Tropical Smoothies and finished Ch. of Little House in the Highlands from last night.
Rest of the morning:
Violet: finished stained glass watercolor, then worked on Celtic prayer copywork
Matthias: Independent Reading Usborne Greek Myths, then dictated his narration to me (2 pages!) Odysseus and the Cyclops, then made picture
Seamus: Puzzle at the counter til lunchtime
Lunchtime RA: 1 ch. of Seabird, then all outside to do nature sketching while I put Sean-Paul down for his nap.
Violet read aloud 3 picture books to Seamus, then her Independent Reading; St. Elizabeth of Hungary, written narration of ch.
Matthias read about Volcanoes for his Earth Science NB, then Mosaic Mysteries with Seamus