We got a nice early start today and I gave everyone (well, the older two) the option of starting with something other than Math, big cheers and enthusiasm!
So here’s how the day shaped up:
- History: Read Story of the Greeks, 2 Ch.s and narrated back to me, then drew pics of the Myths
- Math: A & P, finished a page
- Latin Review in her room with CD
- Poetry: recited three stanza’s of The Violet
- Dictation: chose paragraph from Flame Over Tara,perfect!
- Science: researched the Sun and narrated to me (need to type on computer)
- Math: Factor Families 1-12 with Cuisenaire rods
- Latin Review w/ me
- Dictation: PLL lesson 32 "Their & There"
- Prayer time up in his room w/ prayer book
- H/W – letter Q and word practice
- Drew Volcanoes pics with Pip Squeaks
- More drawing with pencils
- Coloring in Alex book
Sean-Paul: read Thomas the Tank Engine Shapes Board Book and a Curious George with me
Lunch with daddy at home today : )
After lunch we read from Handbook of Nature Study on Robins, everyone narrated and drew pictures (see Nature Post for Field Day at By Sun and Candlelight)
Naptime for S-P, Seamus had RA LHP with Violet, Matthias & Seamus built forts, Violet independent reading time, then Matthias worked on doing a flag ceremony with our old flag from the boat!! Too fun!
Teatime RA The Children’s Homer and chocolate cheesecake leftover from Valentine’s Day!!
A little computer time then took Violet to ballet, home to make dinner and eat with the boys,while daddy picked her up!